Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, and privately held, Cargill employs 140,000 people in 65 countries.
Cargill’s range of nature-based products are suited to a number of industrial applications and markets. Cargill offers a growing number of products derived from renewable sources designed to replace or offset non-renewable ingredients, such as:
- Specialty starches and performance enhancing additives for the paper making, corrugated board and adhesive industries
- Cargill produces ethanol for industrial applications for use in products including solvents, extractants, antifreeze and intermediates in the synthesis of various organic chemicals
- Natural oils, texturizers and emulsifiers for oilfield drilling muds and oilfield maintenance
- Environmentally advantaged oils and lubricants for the paints, inks and coatings industries
- Non-toxic thickeners, viscosifiers, oils and lubricants for home care cleaning products
- Natural oil lubricants for hydraulic applications and functional fluids
- EnvirotempTM FR3TM Dielectric Fluid is a fire resistant soy-based ester dielectric coolant
- Specifically formulated for use in distribution and power transformers
- Deicing salts and equipment for winter road maintenance
- BiOH® polyols are soy-based products used in flexible polyurethane foam cushioning for a growing number of uses, including furniture, bedding, automotive and carpeting
Cargill has 150,000 employees in 70 countries.