The Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC) is a European non-profit organisation that brings together actors from different sectors and disciplines to establish a pan-European bio-based industry. As such, BIC represents the private sector in a public-private partnership (PPP) with the European Commission. BIC’s mission is to connect industry, academia, regions and citizens to transform bio-based feedstocks into novel sustainable products and applications, and to create circular bioeconomy ecosystems through investments, innovation and know-how. Its membership includes more than 240 industry members covering the full value chain, from primary production to the market, across multiple and diverse sectors. These include agriculture & agri-food, aquaculture & marine, chemicals and materials, including bioplastics, forestry and pulp & paper, market sectors, technology providers and waste management & treatment.
In the past few years our organisation has gone through various developments in the bio-based sector. We have considerably expanded our services to our members and are currently adapting our staff structure to optimise and maintain these services as we head into the future. In the new structure we are seeking applicants for the position of Finance & Administration Officer.
As our Finance & Administration Officer you will assist the Executive Director on administrative and financial tasks, and support an organisation with more than 300 members. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a small, dynamic and international team and are willing to contribute to the shaping of the bio-based economy, we would like to hear from you!
- Assist the Executive Director on administrative and financial tasks
- Set up and follow up, in collaboration with the Executive Director, the general administration and HR of the organisation (payroll administration and benefits).
- Carry out Belgian and EU administrative processes related to the organisation
- Handle the organisation’s financial streams including invoices/revenues, payments, liaising with our external accountant
- Providing administrative assistance to the team: these include maintaining comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents and reports, preparing documents and letters, coordinating schedules, appointments and bookings, and other diverse daily support work that may emerge
- Assist with the organisation and preparation of (board) meetings, events, workshops and conferences
- Follow-up on membership applications and contact management in accordance with data privacy legislation
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English which is the working language
- Working knowledge of French or Dutch
- Tech-savvy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office and videoconferencing platforms
- In-depth knowledge of office management, bookkeeping and accounting procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to exercise discretion
- Well-organised working style and ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Experience in administrative support in an international work environment
- Experience of working for a non-profit organisation/association and understanding of the needs of public administration
What can we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic and diverse team
- A full-time employment contract with an unlimited duration under Belgian law
- Teleworking (1 day/week) is possible
- Competitive salary in line with skill levels and experience, plus a package of benefits in a vibrant, meaningful, and empowered working environment
Location: Offices at Square de Meeûs (Brussels)
Please submit in one PDF file a cover letter outlining your motivation, relevant skills, experience and availability for the position, together with your CV and any supporting documents that you consider relevant to BIC’s Executive Director at email@example.com no later than 23:59 PM (CET) 31 July 2021.
In case you have any questions, you may contact Dirk Carrez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting date: September 2021 (to be agreed)