In order to boost the transition towards a circular bioeconomy in Europe and contribute to the implementation of the global commitments such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, the European Bioeconomy Alliance (EUBA) calls for the implementation of concrete measures and long-term support across the following themes:
- Availability of sustainably produced Biomass (Policy Ask 1)
- Fostering Investment (Policy Ask 2 and 3)
- Market Development (Policy Ask 4 and 5).
The five policy asks are as follows:
- Biomass: Circular bioeconomy should be an integral part of EU-level frameworks and policies;
- Investment: Increase funding and improve coherence of financing mechanisms for the circular bioeconomy;
- Investment: Secure the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) 2.0;
- Markets: Incentives for bio-based products in strategic sectors;
- Markets: Promote bio-based products' visibility to stimulate market demand.
Read the full position.