Create technologies that allow biowaste to be re-used and valorised as a secondary raw material in a new brand of cost-effective, eco-friendly and advanced fertilisers. NEWFERT targets a combination of specific organic and mineral components for fertilisers.
- Development of a new value chain that uses bioprocesses to recover nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus (NPK) from biowaste (sewage, manure and household waste).
- Europe’s economic competitiveness is strengthened and the bio-based economy receives a boost.
- Reduced fertiliser production from petro-based resources, helping to avoid CO2 emissions.
- Raw material dependency is decreased and resource depletion is prevented, reducing environmental degradation and increasing the sustainability of the fertiliser industry.
- Improved waste management and cost-effective nutrient recovery, contributing to the development of a circular economy.