The General Assembly is the main decision-making body of BIC. All industry members have a seat. The General Assembly has full power of decision in order to attain and implement the Objectives of BIC. The General Assembly also elects the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors implements the general policy and the work program adopted by the General Assembly. The Board is assisted by the Programming and Public Affairs-Public Relations Working Groups. The Executive Director, heads the BIC Office and is responsible for the day-to-day management of BIC.
BIC Activities include:
- Shaping the BBI’s Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA)
- Defining the annual BBI Work Plans and Call for Proposals topics
- Mobilising industry (large, SMEs and SME clusters), research organisations, universities and relevant European stakeholders active or interested in the field of bio-based products to support innovation and the development of a long-term EU policy framework that boosts the bioeconomy
- Improve conditions for “Access to finance” in Europe
- Endeavour a favourable policy environment
- Create awareness about the bioeconomy, also at national and Regional level