Sappi is a global company focused on providing dissolving wood pulp, paper pulp, paper-based and biorefinery solutions to its customers in over 150 countries.
Sappi’s vision is to fully embed the 3P’s of Prosperity, People and Planet into the business process to add value to all stakeholders and to help achieve the company’s goal to be, on a most sustainable basis, the most profitable company in paper, pulp and chemical cellulose solutions.
Sappi’s R&D initiatives focus on:
- Consolidating and growing in targeted markets segments by developing and commercialising packaging and speciality paper products as well as enhancing dissolving wood pulp (DWP) business
- Energy opportunities from sustainable renewable resources
- Developing new products and markets from wood chemistry by exploring the micro- and nanoscale potential of woodfibre and biorefining – extracting biochemicals locked up in wood
- Driving cost competitiveness and cost reduction, and
- Optimising equipment and forestry assets.
is a partner in BBI JU Research & Innovation projects ‘PROVIDES’ (PROcesses for Value added fibres by Innovative Deep Eutectic Solvents) and ‘SmartLi’ (Smart Technologies for the Conversion of Industrial Lignins into Sustainable Materials).